Thursday, June 5, 2014

not a good day...

I didn't have a good day today. I'm having a hard time with one of my classes and not being able to see my boyfriend.

I had to go to the hospital today to pick up my health results. Next week I will go to immigration to apply for my alien card. Soon I will be a legal alien in Korea.

My first class is perfect. I teach them phonics. They read and do their work. Then we play a game.

My 2nd class is my worst class. There are 3 7 year old boys. They will not sit in their seats. I bribed them once to get them to sit down, but they were right back up a few minutes later. I just do not know what to do with this class. They are so wild. I was so frustrated. This class will always be a problem. Maybe I should bribe them with candy. hmm.

My last class is a private lesson. My student is an adult woman. She wanted me to bring stories about baseball. The ones that I picked out were too hard! Her English level is low. I couldn't find any easy baseball stories. She wants to read about baseball again next Thursday so I'll have to try hard to find something easier.

After class I went out to get supper. For the past 2 days I've been going to a place called "Tomato". Its a small lunchbox meal. Its a good portion and its only 3,000 won (about $3.00). I get the pork cutlet, rice, salad, kimchi and a piece of jumbo shrimp. I like it. Its good that I can read Korean because there is no English on their menu.

Then I came back to my room and I had to fill the time. I was so bored. I had over 2 hours with nothing to do. Some of the time I played on my ipad, but then the battery was about to die. I didn't have a way to charge it so I turned it off. Then I started reading "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". I'm using that book for one of my classes. I read about 15 chapters and made comprehension questions. I don't have to start on that book again until July, but I have a head start.

It was pointless for us to just be there with nothing to do. My classes were over at 7pm, but I have to stay at school till 10pm. I just shut the door in my classroom and sat in there. No one checked up on me. I could have been sleeping! haha. Next week I'll bring my charger to work so I'll have enough power to last. I have to be at school for 8 hours, but my classes on Tuesday and Thursday for the month of June only add up to 3 hours. I have a lot of free time.

Tomorrow is a holiday. It will be good to have a 3 day weekend. I think I will go to a park near my house and a rose garden on Friday. I don't know what I will do on Saturday. I may go see a Korean movie in Seoul. I've been trying to watch a lot of movies on the top 100 list. The number 1 movie is playing at the tourism center on Saturday. Sunday I may just rest.

I won't get to see my boyfriend again this weekend. He has to work every day. He even has to work on the holiday! It's really hard when I don't get to see him. This week will make 2 weeks since I've seen him. We don't have any plans to meet this weekend so I don't know when I will see him again. I hate that he has to work so much. We chat everyday, but I want to spend time with him. I really like him and he seems to really like me too. We've been an official couple for 21 days, but I've only seen him twice. In total we've spent about 9 hours together. It makes me sad.

I just don't know how Koreans have a good quality of life if they spend all their time working. Koreans are known for working long hours (but having the worst productivity!). My boyfriend is always telling me how tired he is after work.

Can you believe I've been here 3 weeks already? I hope the time keeps passing fast. I wish my job time would go fast, but I want more time with my boyfriend.

No comments: