Saturday, September 13, 2014

Banpo Bridge FAIL #2

In 2009 I was going to go see the Banpo Bridge Rainbow Fountain, but I got lost. I ended up going to the wrong bridge and seeing the Banpo Bridge show from a far distance.

So I decided to go again. I actually found it this time and I arrived in time for the show. It took me over an hour to get there. I had a 45 minute subway journey including one transfer and then I had to walk about 30 minutes to get to the bridge. The show was suppose to start at 8pm, but shortly after 8 there was an announcement.

The shows were stopped for the night because of a sudden change in wind direction and speed. The wind was barely blowing. There was a slight breeze.

FAIL #2


I stayed in the area for a little while. There were lots of people around. There were some fireworks shortly after 8pm. I think the fireworks are part of the Hangang night river cruise. There were a few food vendors under the bridge. I tried a Moroccan chicken wrap. I didn't really like it. There were too many onions on it. I still have the onion taste in my mouth 3 hours later. I should have went for the gourmet hamburger. I got a lemonade from another vendor. Some places in Korea make lemonade differently from what I'm used to back in the states. They add other stuff in like sprite or cider..its more like drinking carbonated lemon flavor drink.

Will I give up or go for try #3? Maybe I can fit it in somewhere.

I only have 9 more Saturdays and 2 holidays left. (I go to church on Sundays). I'm trying to pick places I want to go before I leave. (I chose this week to go to Banpo). At least 3 of those Saturdays have been taken up by events that only happen on 1 day. There are shows up to 10pm so I could do it on a day when I have something else planned during the daytime.

No comments: