Saturday, September 13, 2014

D-70....10 weeks left

I only have 10 weeks left in Korea. I've completed 17 weeks so far.

70 days
48 work days
10 Saturdays
10 Sundays
2 holidays

I kinda want the time to pass quickly. I think the past 3 weeks have passed fairly quickly. When I started thinking about leaving I started at 92 days. 22 days have passed since then.

On Tuesday I spent the day with my ex. It was the most time we have spent together in one day. We went to a lot of different places. We visited 3 palaces, a bookstore, a cafe, and out to eat. I took him to one of my favorite burger joints in Itaewon. We had a good time together. I hadn't seen him in 2 months. It was good to see him again, but it does make me sad that things didn't work out between us. But I know how he feels. He says we should just think about the memories. I think it will be easier once I'm gone. Out of sight, out of mind. He apologized for not being able to meet me often while we were dating. He gave me a gift. He gave me a 1TB external hard drive full of movies and music. One of my friends said it was the 2014 equivalent of the mixtape. ha.

It was good to have some time off this week. I had Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off for Chuseok (a holiday similar to thanksgiving in the USA). I visited a lot of places and made some videos. I keep trying to think of places that I want to visit before I leave. There are so many and I'll only get around to a few of them in the time I have left. I always wanted to visit all 8 provinces, but I only got around to seeing 3 of them.

I only had to go to work on Thursday and Friday. I really liked having a short week. I only had to teach 9 classes this week!

Next week we are back to a full schedule. I think I have about 28 classes in all. This coming week and the next week shouldn't be too bad though. Next week I will be reviewing in all of my elementary classes. Then the next week I have to give them a semester test.

Today the boss was watching one of my classes. I was nervous and I think the kids were too. They were actually on their best behavior while she was in there.

No comments: