Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Korean Baseball Game

On Saturday August 23, 2014 I went to a Korean baseball game. The Doosan Bears (home team) were playing the NC Dinos at Jamsil Sports Complex in Seoul. The game started at 6pm and wasn't over till around 10:15. I like baseball, but 4 hours is too long!! This was my 2nd Korean baseball game.

I don't know the guy's name that sang at the beginning of the video. He is a popular singer in Korea. 2 girls from Kpop group 'Girl's Day' threw the first pitch. One girl threw and the other attempted to hit the ball.


Korean baseball games are a lot of fun. There are tons of food choices, but you can bring in your own drinks and snacks. I had a chicken sandwich from KFC and my friend brought a snack for me. I went with one of my students, her coworker and her coworkers 2 kids. We sat on the home team side in the infield near 1st base.

I really like how the crowd gets into the game. They are constantly cheering.

The NC Dinos won 9-7. The Bears were ahead by a few points for most of the game, but the Dinos came from behind and won the game. 5 of their runs were scored in one inning.

I wish I could go to more baseball games, but the season is over soon and there aren't any games that fit into my schedule.



**warning the video might be loud so you may need to turn down the sound. The crowd was loud.

No comments: