Thursday, August 7, 2014

Han River Cruise (Seoul, South Korea)


I have a lot of adventures in South Korea. They don't always turn out as planned, but oh well. Everything can't be perfect.

I decided to go on the Han River Cruise during my vacation. It was raining, but I still went. The cruise dock was easy to find from the directions.

I decided to go on the 3:30pm cruise. I got there early to make sure I had enough time to get my ticket. First you have to fill out a embarkation ticket which lists your name, phone number, birthdate and gender. Then you get in line for your tickets. I got my ticket from the Seoul Pass app for 10,800 won (about $10.80). The regular price for the normal cruise in the day time is 12,000 won. When you buy something from the Seoul Pass app the ticket is stored on your phone in the app. I handed them my phone and they didn't know what to do. I had to stand to the side for a while until they figured it out. By the time they figured out what to do it was 3:28pm. I was hoping I wouldn't miss the cruise! I was able to make it on time.

First I went to sit down on the first floor inside a room with a lot of chairs. I didn't like the view from inside the room so I moved to the 2nd floor which was open. It was raining so I had to try to film while holding my umbrella. It was also foggy. I still got some decent footage. Once my ipad started getting wet I put it up for the majority of the trip. I don't want to damage it.

On the cruise you can see various sites in the Yeouido area. The cruise lasts for an hour.

It wasn't the best of conditions, but it was still a good experience.
____________________________

Directions: Yeouinaru Station (Subway line 5 purple) Exit 3. Walk out of exit 3 and head down toward the water past the bicycle/pedestrian sidewalks. Follow the sidewalk for about 5 minutes. On the left hand side you'll see e-land cruise. On the right hand side there will be a ticket booth. Get your ticket at the booth and then head down to the terminal to get on the boat.

Price: 12,000 won for a regular cruise during the daytime (adults). (10,800 with the Seoul Pass app)
(There are special cruises that are more expensive at other times)

Times: 11:30, 1:30, 2:20, 3:30, 4:40

Operating Hours: 10:00-10:00

Pictures:





No comments: