Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Music Video: Girl Hood "Darling Honey I Love You"

Girl Hood is being branded as the ahjumma (old woman) version of Girl's Generation. The members are married and range in age from 29-36 which is a lot older than most girl groups.

Asian women age very well. I never would have guessed their ages. I wouldn't consider them to be ahjummas though. (But it is common to be called an ahjumma once you are married). I think it would be interested to see a real ahjumma group with perms and visors. Oh my, I would pay to see that!!

Darling Honey I love you is their debut song. This song is about a wife's love for her husband. It's  not your typical kpop song, but I think its nice and sweet. It's good to add something new to the mix.

Debut: 2014
members: 김유정 (36), 왕희 (36), 박수아 (29), 현예은 (31)

Random Fact: Ahjumma means "aunt", but thats now how its commonly used. It is used as a term for married women and anyone who looks to be middle aged or older. For example, you call a woman server in a restaurant as 'ahjumma' instead of using their name (if she is an older lady). Older ahjummas tend to all follow the same fashion trends: permed short hair and big visors.





Translation:

You are my love, you are my love, no matter what anyone says
Such a handsome man, such a handsome man, it’s only you in my eyes
You’re a star, you’re the moon, you’re the honey to my heart
I love you, I love you, I love you

The twinkling stars of the night sky don’t shine as bright as you
I’ve really fallen for you, I’ve gone crazy for you

Darling, honey, what should I call you?
You set a fire in my burning heart
Darling, honey, honey, I don’t know what to do
I like you so much that I’m going crazy

Words that you say
Are a melody to my ears
Lalala lalala
I love you, I love you, I love you

The twinkling stars of the night sky don’t shine as bright as you
I’ve really fallen for you, I’ve gone crazy for you

Darling, honey, what should I call you?
You set a fire in my burning heart
Darling, honey, honey, I don’t know what to do
I like you so much that I’m going crazy

Because of you, my heart is burning again today

My love, you are my one and only
You gave me love in my lonely heart
Darling, honey, honey, I don’t know what to do
I like you so much that I’m going crazy

(Translation came from AsianDreamVOD )

No comments: