Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Interview #2

I just finished with my 2nd interview. It was okay. It was a phone interview that lasted 10 mins. She asked me a few questions about my personality and my previous experience. Then I asked her a lot of questions about the school.

I'm not sure about this one. I don't really know if my experience would be well suited for this school. I have a preference for the 1st school.

The school that I interviewed with today is a large hagwon in Hanam with about 500 students.The school has been open for about 5 years. I prefer smaller hagwons because you have a better chance to get to know your students. At my 2nd hagwon I only had 50 students in all.

The max class size is 12 students.The curriculum and tests are already made and they are only tested once every 3 months. A pre-made lesson could be a good or bad thing. If the lessons are too short it would be hard to fill the time. At my 2nd hagwon I liked having the freedom to come up with my own lesson and make my own tests.

I would be the only foreign teacher. I would be teaching speaking and writing. The teaching hours are 2-9pm with 5-6 hour long classes per day. You have to come an hour early at one to make lesson plans and prepare for class. They do provide training before you start.

Long classes worry me! I'm scared that I wouldn't be able to stretch the lesson that far! I remember how hard it was for a 75 minute class at my first school. Time passed so slowly and the lessons were short! My last hagwon classes were only 50 minutes and it seemed time passed quicker!

Before I make a decision I would look over the contract really closely and I would have to talk to a teacher that works there. But I think my mind is halfway made up already. I don't think this one is right for me.

My recruiter emailed me to see how the interview went. I told her I don't know if I would be a good fit for the school.

Maybe they will reject me and I won't have to worry about rejecting them!

No comments: