Thursday, November 13, 2008

Skype...

I signed up for Skype...if youre not familiar with that check out www.skype.com. Its a messenger program similar to AOL where you can talk to others on webcams and make phone calls to other skype users and to landlines/cellphones. Its free to call from computer to computer to another Skype user but you have a pay a low fee to call landlines/cellphones/text message. You can either use it just like a phone or you can use a webcam for a video chat. You can also use it for instant messaging just like AOL. I plan on getting a headset and a webcam for me and my parents so we can communicate back and forth through Video chat instead of running up a high phone bill.

My username is valerie.beth.knight

So thats one method of contacting me...instant message, skype to skype calls, or video chat. and there's always email, facebook, I may have my AOL on.

I will not be using my cell phone while in Korea. The number may still be active, but I'm not even taking it with me. So don't call my cell--you will not get an answer or someone like my parents might pick it up...anyway, you won't get a response from me!

I will have a cell phone in Korea but its going to be a local Korean plan which will only be used for calls made inside of South Korea.

No comments: