Thursday, July 17, 2014

My relationship is over

Today would have been our 2 month anniversary, but he ended our relationship. It was a good, but tough 2 months.

On Wednesday I asked him "Do you know what tomorrow is?" He just replied back with a question mark. Then I told him it would be our 2 month anniversary. I guess he doesn't keep up with that kind of stuff. (most men don't anyway). He didn't really acknowledge our 1 month anniversary when I reminded him of it in June. There was no special plan or even a 'happy anniversary' from him.

Anyway around midnight I posted a status that it was my 2 month anniversary. A little while later I got a message from him through Facebook messenger. He said he just wanted to be friends. He is too busy and our relationship is complicated. He said he still wants to talk and hangout.

It just wasn't meant to be. It was a unique, but complicated relationship. The language barrier was a problem for him, but it didn't bother me.

So now its over. Time to move on. It was always hard for me because he never had any time. I had a boyfriend, but I was always lonely. I never understood how every single minute of his day was planned out and he couldn't make any time to see me. In the whole month of June we only saw each other for one hour. In 2 months we only saw each other a total of 5 times.

I'm not angry and we ended on good terms. I don't have anything bad to say about him.

Now I'm a single woman. I changed my status back to single and deleted pictures of us right after he broke it off. I also reactivated my POF profile. I never had any luck on POF, but at least I can try. 

He was a nice guy, but I need someone who wants to spend time with me. I believe that if someone really wants to see you they will make time. Sometimes you have to make a sacrifice.

I probably won't actively seek out a new relationship, but if it happens, it happens. Its hard when I know I'm leaving in 10 months (possibly less). I would like to have a boyfriend, but I don't want to get too serious and then leave. I think they would have to know that the relationship will eventually end. or they have to move to the USA. I'm not moving here.

No comments: