Sunday, April 18, 2010

비빔밥

Tonight I made 비빔밥 (bibimbap) for supper. I didn't add any hot pepper paste because I don't like spicy food. I used raw vegetables (carrots, romaine lettuce, cucumbers) and steamed mung bean sprouts. I added a fried egg. I didn't add any meat.

I'm going to try more variations. I'm going to add brown rice and spinich to make it have more nutritional value.

Bibimbap is a popular Korean dish. The word literally means "mixed rice." Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with namul (sautéed and seasoned vegetables) and gochujang (chili pepper paste). A raw or fried egg and sliced meat (usually beef) are common additions. The ingredients are stirred together thoroughly just before eating.It can be served either cold or hot.




비빔밥 맛있어요.

No comments: