Wednesday, August 8, 2012

PSY's "Gangnam Style" gets international attention



Korean music is going to take over the world!! or PSY is taking over the world!!

Today YouTube trends wrote an article about Psy's "Gangnam Style". Link: http://youtube-trends.blogspot.com/2012/08/gangnam-style-is-your-international-hit.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+youtube-trends+%28YouTube+Trends%29

They are calling it the international hit of the month. I thought it was funny that they described the video as "off the wall". I agree. Most things in South Korea are off the wall to me. I lived in South Korea and its a quirky place! (And I loved every minute of it!)

The video is number 3 on YouTube's music video charts.The video has over 18,000,000 views in less than a month!! The video was released on July 15, 2012.

I watched the video last week..It is so funny!

The video is getting a lot of recognition in the USA on TV, Social Media and comments from celebrities.

I follow Josh Groban on Facebook. I was surprised to see him post the link to "Gangnam Style" on his timeline one day.

On July 29th The US rapper T-Pain @TPAIN tweeted about "Gangnam Style". He said  "Words cannot even describe how amazing this video is.." He also posted lyrics on 2 other dates.

CNN aired the video on live television on August 2nd.

In case you're wondering--Gangnam is an affluent neighborhood in Seoul, South Korea. The video is about PSY looking for his ideal girl.




No comments: