Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Music Video: Psy (feat Hyuna) "오빤 딱 내 스타일" (Oppa Is Just My Style)

Psy joined Twitter. @psy_oppa

This is the girl version of "Gangnam Style". "Oppa Is Just My Style"

I liked the first one better. Sequels are never as good as the original. The 2nd video isn't funny like the 1st one. The first video had so much appeal because it was funny. Most non Koreans probably didn't have a clue what the song was really about, but they could all laugh at the funny parts. I read a lot of the comments and most of them say Hyun-a ruined the song. Her voice sounds really childish and doesn't really fit with the song. Maybe she is trying to be 'aegyo' (acting cute and childish) which is really popular in Korea. I don't like 'aegyo' because its not a part of my culture. I don't think American men would respond well to 'aegyo', but I think Korean men love it. I'd give the first one 5 stars. This one gets 2.5 stars.


No comments: