Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Update 7..Arriving in 2 weeks?

I emailed my recruiter yesterday. Immigration is backed up so I should have my visa approved in about 2 weeks. Then I will be arriving shortly after that.

I will be able to depart from the airport an hour away from my house instead of driving 5 hours like I was originally told. That makes me feel a lot better.

I'm trying to start packing up my things.  I have a ton of clothes. I wouldn't take so many clothes, but its almost impossible to find clothes my size in Korea. I'm almost done, but I do have a problem. I have already filled 2 bags up to 45 pounds. I may have to add a 3rd bag. I'm considering checking out the space bags so I can fit things into 2 suitcases. My suitcases are so full because I like to have a wide variety of outfits.

Lately I've been very nervous about teaching preschool students since I dont have any experience. I found out that there will be some training so that makes me feel better. I think it will be exciting to teach preschool, but I wonder how much they will be able to understand. Preschoolers can barely speak their own language and I'm speaking to them only in English. That's got to be scary! They are probably thinking 'what the heck is she saying?' and I'm thinking 'why won't they do what I say?'. Its definitely going to be a fun experience. I really love little kids. The only thing that worries me is how to manage their behavior. Little kids have a lot of energy and a small attention span.

No comments: