Saturday, November 20, 2010

update...a change in plans

I've had a big change in plans, but I am coming back! I just don't know when and where yet! I'm hoping its still around March of 2011.

In February my contract ended. I told my school that I was interested in coming back after a year when my replacement's contract was over. After months of waiting to hear my fate, the unexpected happen. I emailed my recruiter to check up on what documents I needed. He asked me if I had found a job yet. I told him I was hopefully going to go back to my old school. He said he would meet with the person in charge at my school to see if that was still possible. I was shocked and worried. After the meeting I found out that my replacement quit in October. Now my recruiter says that the person in charge will see if she can fit me in. I'm not exactly sure what that means but I'm waiting to see what happens. I survived one year at the school, but going back kinda worries me because of what happened after I left. One teacher was fired because he complained about the curriculum being too easy for his students. Then, the teacher at my school quit. Would I survive another year? Would things be different for me?

I do have other options. One of my friends told me about an opening at her school. Its in the same neighborhood that I used to live in. She only has great things to say about her school. She gave my email to her boss so I'm waiting on him to contact me. I'm going to ask a lot of questions to see if I feel like it will be a good fit for me.

If those two plans don't work out I still have a third option. My recruiter says he will place me at another school.

So right now my plans are unknown, but I am definitely coming back! (I'm impatiently waiting! I've missed Korea so much!)

I'll be glad when I can post the official countdown!! Right now it stands at 102 days till March 1st.

No comments: