Saturday, October 23, 2010

John Park is runner up on Superstar K2

John Park is a 23(korean age) year old Korean American from Illinois. He attended Northwestern where he performed in a group called Purple Haze.

here's a clip:




I first started following John Park on American Idol in 2010. I thought he was really handsome and had a great voice. I was disappointed that he didn't get much screentime on AI until the finals. He advanced to the top 24 and was eliminated on March 4, 2010.
 
His audition for American Idol:
 

 
Then I was browsing news articles and I saw that he was competing on Superstar K2. Superstar K2 is the Korean verson of American Idol.I haven't watched any of the shows since I'm in the USA, but I have been reading articles to see how far he continues to progress in the competition.

His audition in LA for Superstar K2: (embedding disabled)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUriUeSP-D0

The winner (허각-Huh Gak) receives 200 million won ($177,000) and a chance to release and album.


Huh Gak-26 from Incheon-winner of Superstar K2

No comments: