Friday, December 12, 2008

more expenses! and my 27th birthday!

Its my 27th Birthday!! I'm celebrating tonight at The Breakfast Club in Charlotte with some friends from work who I havent seen in 2 weeks, my sister and her 3 guests, and one person from facebook. I'm excited--I bought a nice new dress a few weeks ago and I love 80's music!

My webcam arrived yesterday...I'll be able to use it for video chat on skype. I still need to teach my mom how to use hers. hopefully the headsets will arrive soon and I'll be able to show my mom how to use them before I leave.

Preparing to go to South Korea is expensive!

Yesterday I had to mail more documents-to Atlanta. $16.50 express mail to get it there plus I had to pay $16.50 for the return envelope which I addressed to myself. Then I had to pay $45 for the actual Visa. So today I had to spend $78.

I just spent $60 2 weeks ago to send documents to South Korea.

And I had to go take more passport size photos..$7.99 at CVS.(why do they need so many pictures? I've sent 4 pics to S. Korea and 1 to Atlanta)

I had to pay $25 for a criminal background check...plus $2 for an apostille in November.

Plus I had to buy tons of stuff like a suitcase, new clothes, etc.

I'm so thankful that I don't have to pay for the plane ticket!!

I was checking out different airlines baggage requirements last night and found out that a lot of them let you take 2 checked bags on International trips. I sure hope I will be on one of those airlines! My suitcase and carry on are getting full! plus I'll have my laptop bag.

I talked to my recruiter again after I made my appt for the 18th. He is trying to move my appt to monday the 15th or Tues the 16th so I can be in South Korea by the 18th so I can observe some classes. I would start teaching on the 22nd! I'll know the details soon. I could be in South Korea within the next week.

No comments: